Featured

    Featured Posts

Standard negation with "bu (不)"

(bù) is generally used to negate a verb in the present or future, or to talk about what you do not do, as a habit. So expressing things like "I don't want to go" or "I'm not going" or "I don't eat meat" would be typical uses of (bù).

Negating Verbs

Structure

The standard way to negate verbs in Chinese is with (bù). To negate a verb, simply place (bù) before it:

Subj. + + Verb + Obj.

Examples

他们    孩子。
Tāmen bù shì huài háizi.
They are not bad kids.

我们    酒。
Wǒmen dōu bù hē jiǔ.
We all don't drink alcohol.

今天   工作。
Wǒ jīntiān bù xiǎng gōngzuò.
I don't want to work today.

  喜欢  吗?
Nǐ bù xǐhuan wǒ ma?
Do you not like me?

为什么   喜欢  咖啡?
Wèishéme nǐ bù xǐhuan hē kāfēi?
Why don't you like to drink coffee?

Almost all verbs can be negated with (bù) (unless you're talking about the past). The only verb that can never be negated with (bù) is  (yǒu).

  我 不有 时间。
     Wǒ bù yǒu shíjiān.

  没有 时间。
    Wǒ méiyǒu shíjiān.

I don't have time.

Negating Adjectives

As it turns out, the structure with an adjective is basically the same as the one with a verb.

Structure

Subj. + + Adj.

Examples

  饿。
Wǒ bù è.
I'm not hungry.

  贵。
Zhè ge bù guì.
This is not expensive.

我们 公司  大。
Wǒmen gōngsī bù dà.
Our company is not big.

老板 今天   高兴。
Lǎobǎn jīntiān hěn bù gāoxìng .
The boss is very unhappy today.

哥哥  高,但是 帅。
Wǒ gēge bù gāo , dànshì hěn shuài.
My older brother is not tall, but he is very handsome.



www.CodeNirvana.in

Subscribe us on YouTube

Like us on Facebook

Translate

Total Pageviews

Copyright © Easy Chinese Learning | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Code Nirvana